Heart Blockage is a problem occurring in the heart’s electrical system that controls the rate and rhythm of the heartbeats. Each heartbeat causes an electrical signal to spread across and while traveling; these signals cause the heart to contract and pump blood. Any problem or disruption in these signals tends to slow down heartbeats, and hence causes heart blockage.
Heart blockage is such a severe problem that it often results in a fatality. So, it’s very important that people suffering from such conditions get treatment at the earliest.
If you are one of those poor spirits who has been hunted by this life-threatening disease, don’t invite another disease called Depression to yourself by over-thinking. Build your faith in the magical and mysterious powers of YOGA. The age-old practice has a lot of curative powers hidden in it.
Let’s dig deeper into how this not-so-scientific traditional science of yoga can help us in getting rid of this deadly ailment:
- Nadi Sodha Pranayam (Alternate Nostrils Breathing): This yoga posture fills up your lungs with fresh oxygen and clears the mind. It detoxifies your body and reduces your stress, which is one of the major causes of heart block.
Technique: Sit comfortably cross-legged, Shut your left nostril with the middle finger of the right hand, and inhale deeply with the right nostril. Repeat the same with the left nostril. Perform this exercise every day for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Brhamari Pranayam (Bee Breathing Technique): As we already know that mental disturbance, stress, and tensions are the major causes of heart problems. This pranayama plays a significant role in the treatment of heart blockage as it relaxes the cerebrum and relieves mental torments.
Technique: Sit comfortably cross-legged on the floor and close your eardrums from the index finger. Take a deep breath and make a loud humming sound like a bee and then exhale. Keep your eardrums closed, while inhaling and exhaling. Repeat this process for 3-4 times.
- Ardha Matysendrasana (Half King of the Fish Pose): This yoga asana has a lot of benefits. It helps in increasing oxygen supply to lungs, aids in the cure of back problems, diabetes, constipation, menstrual problems in women and stimulates your spine and nervous system and more.
Technique: Sit cross-legged, place your left leg over the right and make sure that your left ankle should be touching your right thigh. Now, take your left hand through the gap between your left leg and torso. Hold your left ankle with it. Turn your torso to the right and hold this pose for few minutes.
- Sukh Purvak Pranayam (Joy of Breathing Pose): As the name suggests, it’s a pose that provides “Sukh” (Happiness) while performing it. This is a breathing exercise that calms and cools your mind and gives you a sense of joy.
Technique: Sit cross-legged, close your right nostril with the right thumb and inhale deeply from the left one. Hold your breath according to your suitability and exhale from the left nostril. Repeat the process on the other side.
- Salambha Bhujangasana (Sphinx Pose): This yoga pose lets your chest open out, and hence stimulates the blood circulation in the heart region.
Technique: Lie down on your abdomen, stretch your legs straight at the back and keep them slightly apart. Place your arms in the front and make sure your forearms are parallel to each other. Relax in the pose for a few minutes.
With these simple yoga postures, you can easily escape away from this fatal heart blockage problem. So, start performing these yoga poses from today itself and let your heartbeat on the full rhythm.